Welcome to Family Camp 2024 which is being held August 9-11, 2024 at Camp Royaneh, Cazadero, CA. Family Camp is a very special place in the lush redwood forest, to bond with your children, friends and community and with the magnificent creation and our Heavenly Parent. Spending this weekend together in a beautiful environment away from the busyness and stress of life will be an experience you will treasure. This year, Myrna Lapres is Family Camp Director working with an awesome team to create a wonderful experience for you.
The experience begins with arrival from 3 pm on Friday, August 11. The swimming pool will be open from 3:30 pm and dinner is at 6 pm. The weekend will be filled with small group activities, whole camp games,campfires and entertainment. You can get all of the information in the camp letter here: tinyurl.com/2024-Family-Camp-Letter
Some Important Camp Details:
Camp Royaneh is in a beautiful redwood forest and has exciting facilities for families. All campers will enjoy a lovely dining hall; art and science buildings; a pool; a creek to explore; a bunkhouse with electricity; tents set up on wooden platforms, each for 2-3 people; tent cabins with bunkbeds for up to 4 people (bring your own mattress and bedding); an amphitheater for evening campfires; basketball, and volleyball; an outdoor chapel for morning service; and trails; a parade ground for Capture the Flag. Multiple sets of bathrooms with showers are scattered throughout the grounds. Everyone needs to select a camping area from the ones that we are using when they check in.
Tent Camping: Families who desire may set up their own tents. There is no additional charge for tent camping.
Open-air Cabins: Many cabins are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Each tent cabin has a wooden platform containing 2-4 well-constructed bunk-beds without mattresses or bedding. You bring your own mattress/padding, pillows and bedding and walk to nearby bathrooms and showers. There is no additional charge for tent cabins. See the photo above on the right.
Cabins: There are a few rooms with electricity and a bathroom nearby, each room accommodating 2 people. The remaining cabins are for adults only, Camp Royaneh rule. Lodgings in these cabins costs an additional $15 per person per night to rent. To see about reserving one of these cabins, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Expectations: Every family will need to commit to a responsibility during the camp and as part of the final clean-up. (see sign-up form) All families will need to help leave the camp as we found it.
- No pets allowed--no exceptions. If you bring a pet, you will not be able to stay at camp with it.
- No skateboards allowed. Bicycles are fine.
- All cars need to stay parked in the parking area below the dining hall. We do not want families driving up and down the roads during the camp as it raises a lot of dust and we want the roads to be safe for all of the children.
- Mandatory Quiet Hours from 10 pm to 6 am. There will be designated areas for those who would like to spend time around the campfire or play boardgames in the dining hall after 10 pm.
- No alcohol or drugs allowed—this is a Boy Scout camp rule as well as a Family Camp rule.
There are two ways to register:
- You can download the form, fill it out and turn it with payment at the Family Camp table on Sundays. The form is available here: tinyurl.com/Family-Camp-Registration
- You can fill out the google form below which includes the medical form. Afterwards, you will receive an email requesting payment.
Medical Waiver: 1 per family--must be completed before registration is complete.
Download, complete and email to or turn in at the camp table on Sundays: email@example.com